Personal tools
You are here: Home 2.4. Restarting Davis, 1905-16
Document Actions

2.4. Restarting Davis, 1905-16

Up one level

State Farm rejuvenates stagnant town.

10 pages or so on "restarting Davis"
 
Davisville 1905: The Year the Town Woke Up, An Exhibit by John Lofland & Jim Becket
Seeking to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the University of California "State Farm" coming to Davis(ville), in 2005 John Lofland and Jim Becket constructed an exhibit on 1905 activities related to that event. It was shown at the Hattie Weber Museum the fall of 2005 and at UCD Shields Library the Spring of 2006. The first pdf file below is an overview of the 16 topics of the exhibit. It provides photographs of the exhibit as it was mounted on three, two-sided three by seven foot display panels. The sixteen pdf files following the overview contain reproductions of the 74 laminated placards making up the sixteen topics of the exhibit.
Windmills, Tank Houses & Related in 1911 Davis, By Valerie Vann
An analysis of the location and number of water-related resources (e.g. windmills and tank houses) developed from the 1911 Sanborn map of Davis, by Valerie Vann
Shinkle 1909 Postcard of RR Track Wash-Out
This folder contains two images, one of a Shinkle 1909 postcard and another of an excerpt from that card showing the people in the card in a closer view.
Profile of Matthew Clancy by Rich Rifkin, Davis Enterprise, April 15, 2009
Matthew Clancy, 1842-1925, builder of the white Colonial revival house at 137 C Street.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
This site provided with the assistance of the Davis Community Network.